wickedshizuku

Shizuku's Sleepy Reviews

Ill mannered, bad tempered, and set in my ways. When I write a review I'm starting a conversation. Not writing a f#%^#ng book report. Don't like it then go the f^%k away!

Murder Most Frothy
The Complete Fairy Tales
Hans Christian Andersen, Hans Richter, Lily Owens, Arthur Rackham
Pirates!
Celia Rees
Close Kin: Book II -- The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy by Dunkle, Clare B. (2006) Paperback
Clare B. Dunkle
Gardens of the Moon
Steven Erikson

Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)Blood Rites by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

ooohhh yay a puppy! Just what the series was missing in the cuteness factor! I love you Jim Butcher! What a wonderful character you have created in this little dog.
Photobucket

Then this quote just hit me like a train. Just screamed it, and I believe this to the quick of my fingertips...

Photobucket

"Certainly it garnered a very different reaction from various supernatural entities than my everyday wizardry did, so maybe they weren't related at all.
But that didn't matter. I wasn't holding a crucifix in the thing's face. I was holding the symbol of what I believed in. The five-pointed star of the pentacle represented the five forces of the universe, those of air, fire, water, earth, and of spiritual energy, laid into patterns of order and life and bound within a circle of human thought, human will. I believed that magic was fundamentally a force of life, of good, something meant to protect and preserve. I believed that those who wielded it therefore had a responsibility to use that power in the way it was meant to be used—and that was belief enough to tap into the vast power of faith, and to direct it against One-ear."