wickedshizuku

Shizuku's Sleepy Reviews

Ill mannered, bad tempered, and set in my ways. When I write a review I'm starting a conversation. Not writing a f#%^#ng book report. Don't like it then go the f^%k away!

Murder Most Frothy
The Complete Fairy Tales
Hans Christian Andersen, Hans Richter, Lily Owens, Arthur Rackham
Pirates!
Celia Rees
Close Kin: Book II -- The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy by Dunkle, Clare B. (2006) Paperback
Clare B. Dunkle
Gardens of the Moon
Steven Erikson
SPOILER ALERT!
— feeling bloody

Claymore, Vol. 01: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)Claymore, Vol. 01: Silver-eyed Slayer by Norihiro Yagi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Starting off the series with Chapter 1: The Silvered Eyed Slayer.
The first scene we see is a youngish girl taking off the head of a monster. Then we are taken to the scene of a village that have had Yoma(demons) eating out the guts of six victims. The village chief has called in the organization thus sending out a Claymore. An assassin whom can take down these demons. The reason Claymores can effectively fight Yoma is because they are half Yoma themselves.
Arrives on the scene, Clair, the current number forty-seven which is the lowest ranking in the organization. A boy named Raki is fascinated, and is somewhat a key character to the series. So pay attention to him. This series is also rapidly introduces new characters so you can't skim through without having to keep up.
Cheers and Happy Reading!